Tuesday 18 December 2012

My 21st Birthday.

Hey everyone, If you didn't already know my 21st Birthday was on the 10th December, last Monday to be exact...and to be honest I still can't actually believe I'm 21 already but sadly it's true.
So I was treated to a day away in Edinburgh on my birthday (and if anyone remembers I also had a weekend away in Glasgow back in October which you can view photos of here). I also wanted to take some photos whilst I was in Edinburgh aswell so I have quite a few shots of the Christmas Markets, plus views over Princes Street in the gorgeous winter sun and even some of the wonderful gifts I received.
The first place we visited is actually one of my favourite stores in Edinburgh, and that is Harvey Nichols! They have some of the best beauty counters in the city and you should all know by now that I love cosmetics. As usual, I checked out MAC, Tom Ford and Space NK and I must admit I did buy a couple of things from each! After a little look around the shops in the area, I then headed over to Princes Street gardens where the annual Winter Wonderland takes place, it's the main reason I love visiting Edinburgh at Christmas.
First, we had a look around the carnival area which includes the Highland Village Christmas market, and since it is traditional we tried some roasted chestnuts for the first time, I love the little carts they sell them from so I obviously had to take a picture of that aswell.
The other end of the Winter Wonderland is the German Christmas market, which I absolutely LOVE! I had a good look around all the stalls, and I bought another Nutcracker and a little cute Elf ornament. We then headed over to the pretzel stall, which was another first time try and I can safely conclude that they are amazing! Try one, you won't be disappointed.
Also, yes that is a picture of myself with a Nutcracker below, I wanted to keep him!
After we went around the rest of the surrounding shops in Princes Street we decided to go to the Cowgate/Grassmarket area and check out some of the cute little places and their not so cute little prices ;)
Of course a visit to Edinburgh is never complete without a tourist shot of the Castle, this was taken towards the end of the day so it was slightly clouded over by this point.
So as you could probably imagine by the time I was home the night was followed in with lots of glasses of Champagne and birthday cake, which was specially made by my Auntie and features an awesome handmade camera, which looks amazing! I have a picture of it below, and I love how the camera has that marbled effect icing, it looks slightly vintage with an 80's/90's esque vibe.
I also received one of the most beautiful gifts from my family which was an Alexander McQueen double-skull ring! I absolutely love it and haven't taken it off since, it's completely the definition of me, I love all things gothic.
Anyway I hope you have all enjoyed looking at the photos, and I'll be posting another blog post very soon with a re-cap of this year's work!
As always stay tuned...
Nicola. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
All photographs © Nicola Sharkey.

Followers